SBCS and our partners are committed to providing children in our Promise Neighborhoods with the opportunities they need to excel in school, get into college, find good jobs and lead healthy lives. During these challenging times, many of our Chula Vista Promise Neighborhood and San Diego Promise Neighborhood programs remain virtually available to support students and their families.
- Child development, early learning, and kinder readiness classes for parents with children ages 0-5 years old are being facilitated via video lessons, individual support and live programming as needed.
- Online tutoring labs are being hosted for students in grades 3 - 6.
College mentoring and readiness:
- Academic advocates are providing virtual support for students in grades 7 - 12. Online SAT preparation courses are also available.
- Our team is supporting families in our Promise Neighborhoods with linking to community resources such as food banks, shelters and crisis lines;
- Application assistance and case management support with unemployment, CalFresh, social security and disability benefits; and
- Access to aid for SDG&E, phone and internet bills.
Health and wellness:
- Online Zumba, self-care, meditation and nutrition classes as well as COVID-19 informational sessions are available multiple times a week.
Career readiness and computer literacy:
- Online courses focused on job searching and readiness as well as computer literacy for youth and adults are available multiple times a week.
The school communities we serve through these programs are:
• Castle Park Elementary School
• Castle Park Middle School
• Castle Park High School
• Harborside Elementary School
• Hilltop Middle School
• Hilltop High School
• Loma Verde Elementary School
• Perkins K-8
• San Diego High School
• San Ysidro Middle School
• San Ysidro High School
• Smythe Elementary School
• Willow Elementary School
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-420-3620.
Partners providing virtual services include UCSD, Winward Academy, A Reason to Survive, Manpower, Casa Familiar, Social Advocates for Youth San Diego, San Diego Futures Foundation and San Ysidro Health.
Please check back to our website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram regularly and subscribe to our email updates for news on specific programs and services as well as efforts to support the needs of the wider community as we monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and its impacts.
Donate to help SBCS continue to meet the essential needs of the communities we serve at this unprecedented time.