SBCS provides free distributions of healthy food for families in need.
Currently scheduled days, times and locations are:
Every Fourth Tuesday
- Montgomery Middle School (1051 Picador Blvd, San Diego, CA 92154): 1 – 3 p.m.
Castle Park Middle School (160 Quintard St, Chula Vista, CA 91911): 4 – 6 p.m.
- Chula Vista Middle School (415 5th Ave, Chula Vista, CA 91910): 4 – 6 pm
Every Fourth Wednesday
- National City Middle School (1701 D Ave, National City, CA 9195): 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
How to Qualify?
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must be in need of food (no proof required)
- Must be present during distribution
- Distributions available until supplies last
For the safety of our community and staff, individuals and families visiting SBCS’ food distribution events must wear masks.
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to affect the health and income of local families, SBCS volunteers are critical to ensuring that San Diegans in need have access to healthy food.
If you are looking for a way to give back during this difficult and uncertain time for many, consider volunteering to package and distribute food at one of our monthly food distributions.
For additional food resources, please visit the San Diego Food Bank.
Please check back to our website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram regularly and subscribe to our email updates for news on specific programs, and services as well as efforts to support the needs of the wider community as we monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and its impacts.