Food Assistance and Distribution
In partnership with community members, faith-based partners, Smart Food Foundation, Feeding San Diego and the San Diego Food Bank, SBCS offers healthy food distribution on a monthly basis throughout Chula Vista and connects families in other parts of the County with additional resources.
Every Fourth Tuesday
- Montgomery Middle School (1051 Picador Blvd, San Diego, CA 92154): 1 – 3 p.m.
Castle Park Middle School (160 Quintard St, Chula Vista, CA 91911): 4 – 6 p.m.
- Chula Vista Middle School (415 5th Ave, Chula Vista, CA 91910): 4 – 6 pm
Every Fourth Wednesday
- National City Middle School (1701 D Ave, National City, CA 9195): 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
How to Qualify?
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must be in need of food (no proof required)
- Must be present during distribution
- Distributions available until supplies last
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to affect the health and income of local families, SBCS volunteers are critical to ensuring that San Diegans in need have access to healthy food.
If you are looking for a way to give back during this difficult and uncertain time for many, consider volunteering to package and distribute food at one of our three weekly food distributions.
SBCS is accepting in-kind donations of nonperishable food items to help provide for families and individuals in need. To arrange a donation of food, please contact us at (619) 420-3620.
Learn more about food safety recalls by visiting the FDA Food Safety website below.